So today I look out the family room window with Jameson and there's these turkeys! Three real-live, large turkeys walking in our back yard around the pear tree! I didn't let Gus outside, I had to get a picture of them! No batteries. By now they've cornered themselves in the fence by the white garage that's seperate from our house. I watched and watched figuring I had no time to get new batteries and have them still be there to photograph. They were in no hurry to get out and I kinda thought they were stuck so I ran to get the batteries. When I got back, they were up on the fence...all three of them. They hopped onto the other side of the fence andjustpranced around like they owned the place! All over our yard, our neighbor's-The Gomez's-yard...without a care in the world! I got a picture of them as they were making their way up Breezewood Lane past our mailbox. Once I was done, another neighbor, Mr. Fred, told me he's seen them a couple of times over the last few weeks. Again, acting like they owned the place! Not scared in the least of humans or dogs or anything! I'm sure no one else cares about these birds as much as I do, but they were really cool.
Poor Jameson...his reflux is getting worse and had to be switched to another medicine, Prevacid. It's a p-word pump inhibitor. I can't remember what the first p-word is. It completely shuts off the production of belly acid. He's having a really hard time sleeping during the day, but still sleeps at night...thank goodness. He arches his little back and screams bloody murder! It breaks my heart. Jack had it too, but his was very well controlled on a medication called Axid. Not as strong as Prevacid. Prevacid is also prescribed for adults in a different dose. It'a real pain to give him. It's a pill that you break apart and pour out the granules, then try to figure out what half looks like, stir it up in his baby food and hope he doesn't spit up all the baby food! Not fun at all.
Jack is great as usual. His first boo-boo healed just fine. :)
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember that with Hayden, and really hope the Prevacid works for J. It does stink watching them go through that agony.
Me too! It's hard to keep it in his belly as he barfs up alot of it I think.
Post a Comment