Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tooth Trouble

Today I had 2, yes 2 teeth pulled. Sort of an emergency situation, but it needed to be done anyway. It's just one of those things you tend to put off until it becomes painful. Well, it all came to a head over the past week and I just couldn't take it anymore. So I had to be squeezed into the oral surgeon's schedule and waited for 3 1/2 hours to have more pain inflicted upon me! It just doesn't seem fair. At least it's done and over with...for now. It's mashed potatoes, applesauce and scrambled eggs for me for a few days, but at least I like those things!

More bad news, our one and only babysitter, Denise, has gotten a "real" job! How dare her, right?! Jack LOVES her and even though she doesn't have children of her own, she seems like a natural with both of ours. I think we'll have her until the end of the month though. *sigh*

On a positive note, Jamey and I are going to look at a house tomorrow that's right across the street from my parents. It's been up for sale for about a year and they've dropped the price $40k. I called the realtor to see if the current owners would be interested in a rent/rent-to-own scenario and, surprisingly, she said yes! The monthly payment would be substantially more than we're used to paying, but with another person in the house with us, we could swing it. It would only make sense for my Grandmother to live with us anyway. I take care of her daily as it is and she needs to be around the kids for her mental well being, I think. She's just a different person when they're around. Much happier and full of life. So hopefully she'll want us all to live together in the white house on Breezewood Lane.

So no pictures this time, just a quick wordy update. Hope everyone is doing well as I wouldn't know because no one leaves comments here! I wish you would!

No comments: